Stay up to date with the latest Festival news!
Environmental film industry volunteering opportunities
Volunteering for the week of Wildscreen Festival provides a unique hands-on experience within the wildlife and environmental film industry, giving you exclusive networking opportunities with industry professionals and a fantastic place to make new friends!
- Learn about the wildlife and environmental film industry
- Gain unrestricted access (in your free time) to the entire programme of screenings, talks and masterclasses as well as evening events (some restrictions may apply)
- Network opportunities
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided during working hours
- Make friends
We are specifically looking for roles in the following areas during the Festival week:
- Registration desk:
The friendly face of the Festival. Volunteers posted at the registration & info desk will greet delegates and answer questions. Enthusiasm and a smile are must have attributes
This viewing facility gives delegates the opportunity to watch the 491 films in the Panda Awards competition. You'll manage bookings, keep the area tidy and show delegates how to use the system
- Guest liaison
The ability to remain calm when a guest speaker goes missing is essential!
- Trade show
Moderate lifting may be involved as you help the exhibitors set up/dismantle their kit
Manage admission to film screenings and talks
Facilitate workshops by setting up teaching equipment and distributing materials
- Social events
Set up the glitzy evening events and greet guests at the door. You may be required to wear a costume!
The serious stuff:
- Volunteers will be required to work full-time from Saturday 13th to Friday 19th October 2012.
- All volunteers must be aged 18 or over.
- Wildscreen is unable to pay expenses or accommodation for volunteers
The application deadline for volunteering has now passed, please check back for future volunteering opportunities.